As the prices of hybrid vehicles come down and drivers are on the path to become eco-friendly, more consumers have been looking for fuel-less vehicles. The 2018 Hybrid Chevrolet Malibu boasts some of the best fuel economy numbers in its class. The Malibu was named the 2017 Best Hybrid Car in U.S. News and World Report’s annual Best Cars for families survey and they’ve outperformed the competition once again with their 2018 model. With an astounding 49 mpg in the city and 43 mpg on the highway, it outperforms both the Ford Fusion Hybrid and the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, similar cars in its class.
Great Safety Features
When you’re hauling your family around in a spacious midsize sedan, safety is a #1 priority. That’s why you’ll be happy to know the 2018 Hybrid Chevrolet Malibu comes jam-packed with safety features so you can feel confident and secure behind the wheel.
Safety Features Highlight:
- Every Chevy Malibu comes with ten standard air bags. This includes front and knee driver airbags and front-passenger airbags. Along with seat-mounted side impact and roof rail airbags for front and rear seats.
- Standard Rear Vision Backup Camera
- Available Driver Confidence Package includes City-Speed Front Automatic Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, IntelliBeam automatic high-beam control, Front and Rear Park Assist, Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert, Lane Keep Assist, Following Distance Indicator, Forward Collision Alert and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
- StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System that makes slight applications to the engine torque and brakes to enhance control and help you keep on track. StabiliTrak® automatically keeps the car on track when it senses loss of lateral traction including. (pictured below) StabiliTrak® comes standard on all Chevy Malibus.
Innovative Hybrid Technology
While boasting it’s impressive 49 mpg in the city and 43 mpg on the highway, the Chevy Malibu contains innovative hybrid technology that maximizes battery usage and maintains a lasting charge. It comes equipped with an 80-cell, 1.5 kWh lithium-ion battery. The Malibu can reach speeds of up to 55 miles per hour running off the battery alone. Initially introduced in the Chevy Volt, the Malibu now comes equipped with Blended Regenerative Braking Technology. The Blended Regenerative Braking System provides maximal kinetic energy recovery when braking and stores it in the battery pack to maintain a charge and improve it’s hybrid capabilities.
The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu also features the premiere utilization of Chevrolet’s Exhaust Gas Heat Recovery (“EGHR”) Technology. EGHR utilizes heat from the exhaust system to warm up the engine and cabin of the vehicle which improves engine heating and increase fuel longevity in low temperature driving conditions.
User Functionality & Connectivity
There are some great user functions that provide the driver with a pleasant user experience and complete connectivity. Here are some of our favorite features:
- Push Button Engine Starter and Keyless Entry
- Chevrolet MyLink Color Touchscreen (Navigation Optional)
- Apple CarPlay and Android smartphone projection
- Integrated OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi Hotspot (includes a 3 month trial)
- Wireless Phone Charging
- Teen Driver Feature – Great for families who share a vehicle. Allows parents to set controls and review safe driving habits even when they are not in the vehicle.
Shop for your New Chevy in Michigan Today.