The Chevy Silverado 1500 is an award-winning full size, light-duty pickup truck. The Silverado family of trucks has a reputation for being tough and long-lasting full-size pickups with the ability to deliver power year after year. The have won numerous awards in their class for performance and reliability.
There are plenty of Chevy Silverados for Michigan drivers to choose from. The Chevy Silverado 1500 has six different trim levels, three cab styles, three box sizes, and eleven exclusive special editions.
Hauling and Towing Capabilities
The Silverado’s Max Trailering Package offers some serious towing capability. The 2018 Silverado 1500 Double Cab and Crew Cab models can tow up to 12,500 pounds with the Max Trailering Package. The Regular Cab can tow up to 9,800 pounds. The Max Trailering package includes a 9.76-inch rear axle, heavy-duty rear springs, unique shock tuning, enhanced cooling and an integrated trailer brake controller.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado performs equally as fiercely in it’s hauling capabilities. The Regular Cab model can haul up to 1,980 pounds, the Crew Cab can haul up to 2,170 pounds, and the Double Cab can haul up to 2,250 pounds.
Whats New in 2018?
Many of the key features that make the Silverado 1500 so popular have remained consistent throughout the years. However, Chevy has upgraded their technology to provide more user functionality and a driver-friendly experience. Every model of the Silverado now comes standard with a rear view backup camera and a tire pressure monitor system that gives you an audible alert when your tires are filled to the recommended level. The eAssist system is now optionally available on the LT and LTZ models of the Silverado 1500 and available nationally. eAssist is a mild-hybrid technology that delivers uncompromised capability and up to 13 percent better fuel economy while driving in the city.
eAssist Technology provides the following fuel economy saving features:
- Electric Power Boost: The on-board electric motor provides up to 13 hp and 44 lb-ft of supplemental power during acceleration and passing. The electric motor also enables the Active Fuel Management system on the 5.3L V-8 engine to operate in 4-cylinder mode for longer periods, resulting in additional fuel savings.
- Stop/Start capability: For extra fuel savings, the Silverado seamlessly powers off the engine when stopped at traffic lights or in jammed traffic for extended periods of time. The enging turns back on when the accelerator is pressed.
- Regenerative Braking: By utilizing the electric motor as a generator, kinetic energy is recovered while braking and converted to energy and stored in the battery system.
They’ve also added two sleek new colors to choose from: Cajun Red Metallic and Havana Metallic.
Connectivity and User Experience
Interact directly with your smartphone with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ technology. Make calls that play directly through your car speakers, listen to your favorite playlist, or navigate the Michigan backroads through your built-in navigation. For added connectivity connect your phone to the vehicles optional 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. All used interactively on the MyLink color touch screen built into your front drivers dashboard.
StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control Technology
Every model of the Chevy Silverado 1500 comes standard with Chevrolet’s StabiliTrak® electronic stability control technology which includes the following features:
- Rollover Mitigation Technology: Actively recognizes impending rollover and selectively applies brakes to resist
- Trailer Sway Control: Senses trailer sway and automatically applies trailer and vehicle brakes for smooth sailing while hauling.
- Hill-start Assist: Prevents your vehicle from rolling when trying to pull away on hills.
Find a New 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500
If you’re looking to get behind the wheel of a brand new Chevy Silverado 1500 Bishop Automotive has got you covered. The 2018 base model starts at $28,300 and exceeds $60,000 on fully loaded High Country models. View our online inventory and find a New 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 in Michigan.