Driven by an all-turbocharged propulsion portfolio and leveraging Cadillac’s award-winning rear-wheel-drive architecture, the CT4 delivers a driving experience unmatched by front-drive competitors. The brand’s 2.0L Twin-Scroll Turbo engine, with three-step sliding camshaft technology along with Active Fuel Management and automatic stop/start, is standard and SAE-certified at 237 hp and 258 lb.-ft of torque. It is backed by a sophisticated eight-speed automatic transmission. Cadillac’s new 2.7L segment-first Dual-Volute Turbo engine is available on Premium Luxury and is standard on V-Series. Horsepower is estimated at 309 hp with 348 lb.-ft of torque in the Premium Luxury model and 325 hp and 380 lb.-ft of torque in the CT4-V. It is matched with a segment-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission with Electronic Precision Shift.
Exceptional Driving Dynamics
The all-new CT4 is built on Cadillac’s award-winning RWD sedan architecture. An enhanced front end suspension including Cadillac’s signature double-pivot MacPherson-type front suspension (with dual lower ball joints), is designed to improve road isolation and driver feedback. Offering the most balanced, agile and responsive driving experience in the segment.
Additional chassis and driving dynamics features:
- Bosch premium electric, rack-mounted power steering system.
- Capable, precise and more-dependable eBoost brakes with patented Duralife coated rotors.
- Brembo front brakes standard on Sport and V-Series models.
- ZF MVS (Multi-Valve System) passive dampers.
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD) available on all models.
- Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 (V-Series RWD).
Connected Driver-Focused Interior
The CT4’s contemporary interior reflects sculptural, tactile forms and sophisticated details wrapped around a driver-centric cockpit that artistically incorporates the brand’s signature technologies.
Authentic materials such as leather appointments enhance refinement, while a host of standard comfort and convenience features emphasize Cadillac’s attention to detail:
- Keyless entry and push-button ignition.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel (heated steering wheel is available).
- Full-color dual-display driver information center.
- HD Rear Vision Camera.
- LED interior lighting with stealth mode.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with a humidity sensor, dust/particulate filter, and rear-seat vents.
- Premium audio system with Active Noise Cancellation.
- Available Super Cruise driver assistance.
The 2020 CT4 will be available for ordering later this year. It will be manufactured at GM’s Lansing Grand River facility, which received a $211-million investment to build the next-generation Cadillac sedans. Pricing and additional information will be announced closer to the start of regular production.